Did you miss the previous Fun Facts? No worries! Here they are:
- Keepers edition (Naeher, Harris & Franch)
- Defenders edition, Part 1 (O’Hara, Sauerbrunn & Krieger)
- Defenders edition, Part 2 (Dunn, Sonnett, Davidson & Dahlkemper)
- Midfielders edition, Part 1 (Ertz, Horan, & Lavelle)
- Midfielders edition, Part 2 (Brian, Mewis & Long)
- Forwards edition, Part 1 (Rapinoe, Pugh, & Press)
- Forwards edition, Part 2 (Heath, Lloyd, McDonald)
She’s 5’7″, plays for Orlando Pride, and what can I tell you about her that you don’t already know? She’ll turn the big “three-oh” at the Women’s World Cup. Depending on where the USA lands in the knock-out rounds, she could be playing in a World Cup Semi-Final on the day she turns 30! (July 2)
- A proud SoCal girl, she started playing in AYSO leagues as an itty bitty girl in Diamond Bar, Ca.
- She didn’t move to club soccer until she was 13, and she didn’t make the first competitive club team she tried out for.
- Another team she tried out for, after the failed first tryout, was Cypress Elite (now FC Premier). Cypress Elite coaches took her raw talent and helped her refine her game.
- She played high school soccer for Diamond Bar High School and was named All-League three times.
- She played college soccer for Cal Berkley.
Because it’s so awesome (and only has 4,000 views!?), I’m going to put it in here again. Watch this video from her youth club, Cypress Elite, if you haven’t already:
Pick up your Women’s gear (like that sweet World Cup jersey — LOVE mine!) at Soccerloco. Check out their new WOMEN’S SECTION at Soccerloco.com.