This summer, Catalyst Soccer is hosting a training camp with special Guest Coach Landon Donovan! Players who attend this camp will experience top quality training methods in addition to the opportunity to be coached by, at the time of this writing, the leading goal scorer in United States Men’s National Team history. Registration is now open, so don’t miss your chance to be part of what promises to be a great experience!
The Catalyst Soccer Technical Camp prioritizes the education, effectiveness, and effort of youth and teen players through a micro-focus on the most important skills and athleticism training topics. Development as individuals is emphasized, rather than team tactics and system of play, in order to maximize personal technical improvement. On Monday July 31st Landon will guest-coach at the Catalyst Soccer Technical Camp. Each age group will get the opportunity to rotate to Landon’s field station to learn about offense directly from the master himself.
At the end of each group’s coaching session with Landon they will have a little time to sit down and talk with him directly. These type of Q&A moments are lasting positive memories for young players that look up to professionals as mentors and feel like they get to know him more personally. At camp check-in, players receive will a t-shirt and raffle ticket for special prizes, and one lucky player will win Landon’s game cleats.
Each day players make new friends with the others in their group and enjoy the friendly learning environment facilitated by their Catalyst Soccer camp coach. Players LOVE ending the week with a fun round-robin style tournament among the groups of campers and the take-home packet with a completion certificate, evaluation report, and soccer coupons keeps them smiling long after camp ends.
All proceeds from the raffle tickets will be donated to Traveling Stories, a non-profit whose motto is “outsmarting poverty one book at a time”. The National Center for Adult Literacy states that 50% of adult Americans cannot read at an 8th grade level. Traveling Stories transforms reluctant readers into confident ones by emphasizing the joy of reading and engagement with the whole family. Their StoryTent program not only helps kids fall in love with reading, but it also offers them a positive environment to improve their skills.
The StoryTent will be available during the last day of camp on August 3rd at 9am-12pm for parent/sibling/child enjoyment. If you wish to support their cause you can donate by clicking here.
Coaches: Alicia Piz, Matt Couch, and Others TBD
Catalyst Soccer camp coaches are proficient in enhancing technical ball skills for all positions, developing athleticism, and lowering injury risk based on “body control before ball control” methods.
Location: Nobel Athletic Fields – 8810 Judicial Dr, San Diego, 92122
Conveniently located near the I-805 exit, is central to San Diego, has clean bathroom facilities, 3 grass fields to accommodate a large camp, and a playground for young siblings.
NOTE: Location subject to change due to volume of registrants. Final location will be announced by July 7th.
Players: Boys and Girls, Recreational and Competitive
- Birth Years 1998-2010, Ages 6-18
- Camp groups will be predetermined based on age and level indicated in registration
- Attendance maximum sets a 1:15 coach-player ratio per group
Schedule: July 31 – August 3, 2017
- Day 1, Monday at 9am-1pm, snack break at 11am, check in opens at 8:30am, photos with Landon at 1pm-2pm
- Day 2, Tuesday at 9am-1pm, snack break at 11am
- Day 3, Wednesday at 9am-1pm, snack break at 11am
- Day 4, Thursday at 9am-12pm, raffle prize drawing at 11:45pm
- Day 1, Monday – Offense Skills and Speed, Landon Donovan Guest-Coach
- Day 2, Tuesday – Midfield Skills and Agility
- Day 3, Wednesday – Defense Skills and Strength
- Day 4, Thursday – Tournament Games Among Groups
- Note – A portion of each day will be open to goalie skills for any players who wish to join that group
Equipment (Players Need These Items Every Day):
- Cleats and Shin Guards
- A Ball
- Large Water Bottle
- Light Snack
Registration: Online Reservation Required
- $220 Per Player
- Final Deadline is July 23 or Until Spots are Full
- $20 Discount Per Player for Early Registration On/Before June 30
- Online Payment with Visa, Mastercard, or Discover
Learn more at Catalyst Soccer’s website.