Considered to be one of the best US strikers in the world, Sydney Leroux started her American playing foundation in Arizona with the SC del Sol. Leroux, known for her physical game has started against Australia and Sweden in the 2015 Women’s World Cup before losing her starting spot to Alex Morgan. Afterwards, she came on as a substitute against Nigeria, but did not play in the last knock out game against Colombia. The US team is currently stacked at the forward position with Leroux, Morgan, Wambach, and Press all capable of taking starting positions so when she isn’t starting, Leroux is one of the first names off the bench to ignite the offense. The US women take on China next in the quarter finals. Good luck to Sydney and the rest of the women’s national team!
- The Xolos Podcast: 2017 Apertura wrap-up, season awards and looking ahead Nov 21, 2017
- Rush Soccer Expands Footprint to the United Soccer League Nov 15, 2017
- The Xolos Podcast: (Unlikely) playoff hopes, Copa MX struggles and previewing Sunday’s game vs Toluca Nov 9, 2017
- Club Tijuana 2-1 Leon: Late drama keeps Xolos’ playoff hopes alive…for now Nov 4, 2017
- The Xolos Podcast: Money problems, manager changes and a preview for Friday’s much-anticipated game vs Leon Nov 2, 2017