Considered to be one of the best US strikers in the world, Sydney Leroux started her American playing foundation in Arizona with the SC del Sol. Leroux, known for her physical game has started against Australia and Sweden in the 2015 Women’s World Cup before losing her starting spot to Alex Morgan. Afterwards, she came on as a substitute against Nigeria, but did not play in the last knock out game against Colombia. The US team is currently stacked at the forward position with Leroux, Morgan, Wambach, and Press all capable of taking starting positions so when she isn’t starting, Leroux is one of the first names off the bench to ignite the offense. The US women take on China next in the quarter finals. Good luck to Sydney and the rest of the women’s national team!
- Neymar Jr’s Five Tournament Returns to San Diego Mar 24, 2017
- Orange County SC’s Logan Pause Talks Motivation, Systems and Goals for 2017 Season Mar 24, 2017
- Just a Kid from Vista: Heron Martinez’s Journey to Club America Mar 24, 2017
- Phoenix Rising FC vs Toronto FC II – The Stage is Set Mar 24, 2017
- Colorado Rush vs Club Union Jerez Mar 24, 2017