Considered to be one of the best US strikers in the world, Sydney Leroux started her American playing foundation in Arizona with the SC del Sol. Leroux, known for her physical game has started against Australia and Sweden in the 2015 Women’s World Cup before losing her starting spot to Alex Morgan. Afterwards, she came on as a substitute against Nigeria, but did not play in the last knock out game against Colombia. The US team is currently stacked at the forward position with Leroux, Morgan, Wambach, and Press all capable of taking starting positions so when she isn’t starting, Leroux is one of the first names off the bench to ignite the offense. The US women take on China next in the quarter finals. Good luck to Sydney and the rest of the women’s national team!
- MUST-READ Recruiting Advice from Xavier Men’s Soccer Jun 22, 2017
- The First Goal: Eliminating Fear, Bringing Tijuana and San Diego Together Jun 22, 2017
- Episode 32 – SoccerCity Slotted for 2018 Election, Actual Soccer and a Tribute to Tony DiCicco Jun 21, 2017
- Mexico 2-1 New Zealand: El Tri Earns An Ugly First Victory of the 2017 Confederations Cup Jun 21, 2017
- PUMA ONE – More Than Football Jun 21, 2017
July 29 - July 30