Considered to be one of the best US strikers in the world, Sydney Leroux started her American playing foundation in Arizona with the SC del Sol. Leroux, known for her physical game has started against Australia and Sweden in the 2015 Women’s World Cup before losing her starting spot to Alex Morgan. Afterwards, she came on as a substitute against Nigeria, but did not play in the last knock out game against Colombia. The US team is currently stacked at the forward position with Leroux, Morgan, Wambach, and Press all capable of taking starting positions so when she isn’t starting, Leroux is one of the first names off the bench to ignite the offense. The US women take on China next in the quarter finals. Good luck to Sydney and the rest of the women’s national team!
- 2026 World Cup Comes to North America’s United Bid Jun 13, 2018
- Where to Watch the 2018 World Cup in San Diego Jun 11, 2018
- Play Proud: Creating a safe space for LGBTQ+ youth through the game of soccer Jun 11, 2018
- New Study Awards Storelli Headgear Five Stars Jun 7, 2018
- San Francisco Derby Weekend Preview Pod Special May 31, 2018