The 2015 USL regular season Western Conference Champions Orange County Blues have been busy this offseason. In a remarkable turn-around year, the Blue
The 2015 USL regular season Western Conference Champions Orange County Blues have been busy this offseason. In a remarkable turn-around year, the Blues went from finishing second-from-bottom in the 2014 season, to champions of the 12 team Western Conference that included several MLS “2” teams. In what was the most competitive season yet for the newly rebranded United Soccer Leagues, the Blues took on opposition from reserve sides from MLS teams Seattle Sounders, Real Salt Lake, Vancouver Whitecaps, 2015 MLS Cup Champion Portland Timbers, and cross town rivals Los Angeles Galaxy II.
The hiring of Oliver Wyss has proved a masterstroke for the Blues ownership. Wyss was able to lift a stuttering club, inject an identity, and turn the Blues into a force to be feared in USL play.
Now, the Blues are looking to strengthen their squad by hosting open tryouts. As a director for Southern California powerhouse youth club West Coast Football Club, Wyss knows that Southern California is brimming with talented players who just need an opportunity to achieve their goals.
[quote_box_center]”Nikola Illich attended our open tryout last season and it was clear to see he was a special talent. We signed him to a professional contract immediately and he went on to make more appearances for the club than any other player last season. The tryouts are the best way to showcase your ability and realize your dream of becoming a professional soccer player, just like Nikola did.” – Oliver Wyss OC Blues FC Head Coach and General Manager [/quote_box_center]
- The tryouts are open to players 18 years of age and older
- Each participant is guaranteed (2) 60-minute, full-field soccer games
- A minimum of (4) participants will be invited on trial with OC Blues FC following both of the open tryouts by January 18, 2016.
- In addition to the registration fee of $175, participants are responsible for all airfare, incurred travel costs, food and transportation. Please note that OC Blues FC will not help with Visas or letters of invitation.
- Participants must come prepared for the tryouts with their own cleats, shin guards, socks, gloves, and any other equipment they will require.
- OC Blues FC will provide (1) numbered t-shirt to wear during your tryout.
For additional information regarding open tryouts, email: [email protected]