The LA Galaxy are set to take on Real Salt Lake at the Rio Tinto Stadium at 7pm tomorrow in Utah for an exciting U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals match. Despite the Galaxy not having three key players who were called up for international duty, they’re eager to take this cup. For now the Galaxy will rely on Steven Gerrard’s technical ability and immaculate vision to help guide them to victory. Gerrard’s performance in his debut, Saturday July 11, helped the Galaxy come from behind in a 2-1 victory over Mexico’s powerhouse Club America. Gerrard was very happy with his debut and the quality of the team, “it was a difficult game and I thought after 15 or 20 minutes that the team settled really well, we played some good football and we got our deserved equalizer.” Said Gerrard when asked about Saturday’s game. Gerrard plans to get even more acclimated with the teams style of play as the game is just around the corner.
- Lisa Zimouche Doesn’t Need A Coach Or A Team – Just a Ball Jul 21, 2017
- Arizona native Mollie Griswold Called Up To U-16 Girls’ National Team Jul 21, 2017
- Orange County SC Host Return Leg vs. RGVFC, Announce Stadium Opening Jul 21, 2017
- Yanks and Ticos: Spot in Gold Cup Final at Stake as USA Face Costa Rica Jul 21, 2017
- Mexico 1-0 Honduras: El Tri Earn a Place in the Gold Cup Semifinals Jul 20, 2017
On Monday, SoccerCity will be hosting a press event at the San Diego Polo Fields (aka the Surf Cup Sports Park). We’d love if you can join Nick Stone and the crew as we tell San Diego “What happens next.” We have fresh new t-shirts for anyone that can make it and we hope you’ll like what we have to say 🙂
If you can join, all you need to know is:
Where: San Diego Polo Fields – 14989 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, CA 92014
When: Start time is at 11AM sharp so arrive before then!
What: Press event to announce “what happens next” + t-shirt giveaway for everyone that can make it!
We’re excited to share this message with you all. Have a great weekend and see you soon.