The LA Galaxy are set to take on Real Salt Lake at the Rio Tinto Stadium at 7pm tomorrow in Utah for an exciting U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals match. Despite the Galaxy not having three key players who were called up for international duty, they’re eager to take this cup. For now the Galaxy will rely on Steven Gerrard’s technical ability and immaculate vision to help guide them to victory. Gerrard’s performance in his debut, Saturday July 11, helped the Galaxy come from behind in a 2-1 victory over Mexico’s powerhouse Club America. Gerrard was very happy with his debut and the quality of the team, “it was a difficult game and I thought after 15 or 20 minutes that the team settled really well, we played some good football and we got our deserved equalizer.” Said Gerrard when asked about Saturday’s game. Gerrard plans to get even more acclimated with the teams style of play as the game is just around the corner.
- The Xolos Podcast: 2017 Apertura wrap-up, season awards and looking ahead Nov 21, 2017
- Rush Soccer Expands Footprint to the United Soccer League Nov 15, 2017
- The Xolos Podcast: (Unlikely) playoff hopes, Copa MX struggles and previewing Sunday’s game vs Toluca Nov 9, 2017
- Club Tijuana 2-1 Leon: Late drama keeps Xolos’ playoff hopes alive…for now Nov 4, 2017
- The Xolos Podcast: Money problems, manager changes and a preview for Friday’s much-anticipated game vs Leon Nov 2, 2017