The LA Galaxy are set to take on Real Salt Lake at the Rio Tinto Stadium at 7pm tomorrow in Utah for an exciting U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals match. Despite the Galaxy not having three key players who were called up for international duty, they’re eager to take this cup. For now the Galaxy will rely on Steven Gerrard’s technical ability and immaculate vision to help guide them to victory. Gerrard’s performance in his debut, Saturday July 11, helped the Galaxy come from behind in a 2-1 victory over Mexico’s powerhouse Club America. Gerrard was very happy with his debut and the quality of the team, “it was a difficult game and I thought after 15 or 20 minutes that the team settled really well, we played some good football and we got our deserved equalizer.” Said Gerrard when asked about Saturday’s game. Gerrard plans to get even more acclimated with the teams style of play as the game is just around the corner.
- ASC San Diego Clinches Playoff Spot Jun 18, 2018
- 2026 World Cup Comes to North America’s United Bid Jun 13, 2018
- Where to Watch the 2018 World Cup in San Diego Jun 11, 2018
- Play Proud: Creating a safe space for LGBTQ+ youth through the game of soccer Jun 11, 2018
- New Study Awards Storelli Headgear Five Stars Jun 7, 2018