The LA Galaxy are set to take on Real Salt Lake at the Rio Tinto Stadium at 7pm tomorrow in Utah for an exciting U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals match. Despite the Galaxy not having three key players who were called up for international duty, they’re eager to take this cup. For now the Galaxy will rely on Steven Gerrard’s technical ability and immaculate vision to help guide them to victory. Gerrard’s performance in his debut, Saturday July 11, helped the Galaxy come from behind in a 2-1 victory over Mexico’s powerhouse Club America. Gerrard was very happy with his debut and the quality of the team, “it was a difficult game and I thought after 15 or 20 minutes that the team settled really well, we played some good football and we got our deserved equalizer.” Said Gerrard when asked about Saturday’s game. Gerrard plans to get even more acclimated with the teams style of play as the game is just around the corner.
- Colorado Rush Draw with Logrones SC Despite Dominant Rush Performance Mar 28, 2017
- 3 Things: Deltas Debut in NASL, Ochoa’s Revenge in Seattle and More Mar 28, 2017
- Orange County SC, LA Galaxy II Post Wins to Open USL Season Mar 27, 2017
- Colorado Rush Fall to Club Union Jerez 5–2 in Colorado State Cup Final Mar 26, 2017
- A Mixed Bag: Toronto FC II 1, Phoenix Rising FC 0 Mar 25, 2017