Youth Soccer News: FC Murrieta Becomes Murrieta Surf through Licensing Agreement with San Diego Surf Soccer Club
Seeking to develop its competitive soccer program into a top tier club, Murrieta Youth Soccer League (MYSL) announced today that it has entered into a strategic partnership with San Diego Surf Soccer Club. As of Friday December 2, 2011, FC Murrieta, MYSL’s club soccer program, will operate and be recognized as Murrieta Surf under a licensing agreement with San Diego Surf Soccer Club.
“Murrieta Youth Soccer League is excited about its association with San Diego Surf Soccer Club through a licensing agreement that will provide us with the guidance of a premier club as we work to raise the profile of our competitive program,” said Steve Haubrick, MYSL President. “We look forward to working with Surf coaches and administrators as we build a strong competitive program that will establish Murrieta Surf as a premier club.”
San Diego Surf Soccer Club has a long history of success, winning numerous national and state championships each year. Established in 1980, Surf Soccer Club teams have won 7 national championships, 23 regional championships, and 61 state championships. Surf continues to develop players who go on to play at the collegiate level as well as in men’s and women’s professional leagues.
As a licensed Surf Soccer Club, Murrieta Surf can provide its members:
- Access to a strong and established soccer organization with national brand recognition
- Access to Surf organization resources such as clinics, specialty coaches, goalkeeper clinics with professional goalkeepers and coaches, and camps
- A U.S. Soccer Development Academy pipeline
- Continued participation in Coast Soccer League
- The possibility of ECNL or Academy participation. (The ECNL is a national youth soccer league founded in 2009 for U-15 through U-18 girls’ teams for the purpose of providing the highest level of competition and the best developmental environment for American female youth soccer players, as well as an identification and development program, which will seek to include players in US Soccer’s National Teams.)
- Participation in Surf's College Program (guidance in college recruiting)
- The Club’s ability, as Murrieta Surf, to attract top soccer players
“We are pleased to welcome Murrieta Surf to the Surf Soccer Club family,” said Randy Brown, president of the San Diego Surf Soccer Club Board of Directors. “From day one, Surf has been about providing a quality soccer experience to its players and families, and now, through our licensing program, we are able to share the strengths of our organization with our partner Clubs.”
“Our goal has and always will be to provide our players and coaches with every opportunity to reach their full potential,” said Haubrick. “By licensing with Surf Soccer Club, we have been blessed with the tools to provide the right environment for our club to grow.”San Diego Surf Soccer Club’s Licensing Program enables existing soccer clubs to join the Surf family of Clubs and operate—with the support of Surf Soccer Club administrators and coaching staff—as a nationally recognized Surf Soccer Club.
San Diego Surf Soccer Club strives to provide serious youth soccer players with the best fields, coaching, teams and support structure to facilitate their development while also providing them positive soccer experiences that will last a lifetime. The Club competes for the state and national championships for both boys and girls and provides the best exposure to college coaches and college opportunities.
Murrieta Youth Soccer League endeavors to develop and maintain a comprehensive program for the development and promotion of the game of soccer for the youth of Murrieta and surrounding areas. In addition to its club soccer program that currently fields 19 teams and supports nearly 300 players who play in both Presidio and Coast Soccer Leagues, MYSL also operates a recreational soccer program for the youth of Murrieta Valley.
For more information on San Diego Surf Soccer Club go to www.surfsoccer.com. More information on Murrieta Youth Soccer League is available at www.myslsoccer.org.
Related Articles: Surf Soccer on SoccerNation